Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mc Cain won me over!

At the beginning of this election cycle there were two candidates I supported. Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee. I would have loved for either one of them to win the nomination. And there was one candidate that I didn't support. John McCain. I felt he had abandoned the GOP and there was no way I was, or could, vote for him. But I did prefer him to Obama. Barack Obama is the wrong man for the job at any time, but especially today.

I started to listen to what McCain had to say and I kind liked it. The experience factor started to really play into this election for me. And McCain trumps Obama handily on that. I started to consider what was really at stake in this election. Who could better lead this country in the many fights we had before us. I was starting to like John McCain. Then last week he made his choice for V.P. Typical McCain, he threw a curveball and chose someone that the vast majority outside of her state had never heard of. Sarah Palin, a person when challenged would stand up to her own party. A true conservative! And not only did I start to like him, I started to find myself supporting him.

Then she took to the stage at the convention and blew me away. She laid out who Sarah Palin was and what she stood for. By now I'm excited about this election for the first time. Then John McCain took the stage. And gave one of the best political speeches I've ever heard. And during that speech realized that John McCain hadn't abandoned the GOP. The GOP had abandoned us. They've gone from the party that opposed slavery and championed civil rights to the party that's supported MASSIVE governmental waste and turning a deaf ear to our concerns.

John McCain is the man to fix what is wrong with out political system. Everyone says they want bipartisan government, but talk is cheap. John McCain has proven that he can do it. So, I have now made up my mind. I will support John McCain and I will vote for him come November.

No comments: