Thursday, January 24, 2008

Huckabee Endorsement

Mike Huckabee picks up an endorsement. This one from former candidate, Duncan Hunter.


“I got to know Governor Huckabee well on the campaign trail,” Hunter said in a statement. “Of the remaining candidates I feel that he is strongly committed to strengthening national defense, constructing the border fence and meeting the challenge of China’s emergence as a military superpower that is taking large portions of America’s industrial base."Along with these issues of national security, border enforcement and protecting the U.S. industrial base, I see another quality of Mike Huckabee’s candidacy that compels my endorsement," he added. "Mike Huckabee is a man of outstanding character and integrity. I saw that character over the last year of campaigning and was greatly impressed. The other Republican candidates have many strengths and I wish them all well."



I think it's a nice pickup for Huckabee. Hunter is beloved in the Republican Party for his positions on immigration and experience on the House Armed Services Committee. He would have been my man. A true Republican in every sense of the word. Can anyone see Secretary of Defense Hunter in a Huckabee Administration?



On Another note...

My prediction that Romney would lose the South Carolina Primary came to fruition. As I see the tracking polls today:



McCain 24%

Romney 21 %

Giuliani 18%

Huckabee 15%



Both Romney and McCain are on the upswing while Giuliani and Huckabee are on a downtrend.

Tonight's debate proves to be important to both McCain and Romney. Romney must be perfect tonight to win Florida. He has incorporated some members of Fred Thompson's team. And this is a great benefit to Romney. But it may be a bit too late to help his campaign. I will suspect McCain and Huckabee to do a job on him tonight. If Romney does well, there could be hope for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard Daryl West from Brown U predict Romney will win the Republican nomination. He also believes that Romney will win the Florida primary. His argument is strong. Since Florida conducts closed primaries, there will be no independent, swing voters for McCain to count on.

Anonymous said...

i have been saying romney will be president for the past 4 1/2 years.

it is going to happen.