Saturday, November 22, 2008

Point to Ponder

Most nights I suffer from insomnia; so most nights I lay in bed, decompress, and analyse random bits of information.

One of those random things (as it has been on my mind a lot lately) was the School Departments fund request of 400 thousand dollars.

The total amount needed to fund the teachers contract for 1 year was somewhere in the 567 thousand dollar mark. Yet the schools did not seek that full amount. I was told that the remaining money would be found in the existing budget.

Now...I am pretty sure, that if I needed it I could find two dollars and fifty cents in my house. But for the School Department to say that it will find the additional 167 thousand in the existing budget raises some flags. That is a lot more that say....ten thousand.

I'm not saying "shenanigans" because the school did return almost 4 times that last year. But...we also cut 700 thousand dollars out of their budget this year.

I'm not accusing...but I am questioning....

No comments: